DEEP OSCILLATION® Personal Sports in Equine
In 2006, shortly after PhysioPod (Sister company of newly launched PhysioEquipment) began exclusive distribution of DEEP OSCILLATION® in the UK/ROI, Mary Fickling, Company Director, began email exchange with Bodo Wisst, former German Physiotherapist to the Peruvian Taekwondo National Team. Bodo had, for two years managed to replicate the success he had achieved with humans using DEEP OSCILLATION® in the Equine World. The short clip right shows just how well this clinically proven therapy is received by the horse. World leading equine sports massage teacher, Gilliyan Carter-Morgan of Equi-Therapy UK began using the therapy soon after and began showing students in her courses. After the initial trial of the therapy, Gilliyan provided the following feedback "Under the supervision of veterinary surgeon, Matthew Barlow of Home Farm Equine, Nottinghamshire & Emma Hawthorne of Flawborough Equine & Hydrotherapy Centre, Nottinghamshire DEEP OSCILLATION® Therapy was used on everything from tendon strains to haematomas, post-op surgeries & scar tissue, the results were outstanding. Horses responded extremely well to this form of therapy, even those that seem fearful of clippers had no issue with DEEP OSCILLATION® therapy. Owners have seen swellings reduce with only one application & even splints have been successfully dispersed. The therapy has been extremely beneficial in the rehabilitation of tendon injuries with impressive results in a matter of weeks." Now eleven years on, many equine therapists are utilising this non-invasive treatment, achieving effective results for the horse and their rider. Feedback regularly appears on VetClick. DEEP OSCILLATION® provides faster regeneration after training, traumatic injury, damage from overstraining and operations – for muscle aches, strains, inflammation, swelling, wounds.
In equine, DEEP OSCILLATION® has been used in the UK on riding and performance horses with good effect, not only for cases of lymphatic incompetence, but also to speed up wound healing, tendon injuries, relieve fascial restrictions from over girthing, saddle sores, promoting smooth formation of scar tissue, etc. It is used for Pre-Event Massage, increasing circulation, reducing muscular tension, improving flexibility and the delivery of nutrients. For Post Event massage; flushing out waste products, which have accumulated during an event and promoting fluid circulation, reducing inflammation.
TREATMENT FOR TRAUMATIC INJURY AND DAMAGE FROM OVERSTRAINING
DEEP OSCILLATION® has an anti-inflammatory and oedema-reducing effect. It directly stimulates mobilization
in areas relieved of pain and thus enables an earlier return to active forms of therapy and training.
TRAINING AFTERCARE AND PERFORMANCE STABILIZATION
In training aftercare, DEEP OSCILLATION ® is known for its rapid, muscle-relaxing and pain-relieving effects, and for its direct effect against microtrauma (muscle aches). Roughage and cell remains are removed more quickly through the treatment. This promotes a more effective nutritional supply to the muscle cells, thus accelerating the restoration to optimal performance. Regeneration times in the systematic training process can thus be reduced.
PRE- AND POSTOPERATIVE THERAPY
With DEEP OSCILLATION ®, swelling and oedema can be relieved pre- and postoperatively con - siderably faster than with conventional therapies. Because it can be used at an extremely early stage, healing processes are stimulated and accelerated, local inflammation is inhibited and pain is reduced over a sustained period.
Ask us about DEEP OSCILLATION® Personal Sports in Equine
Application and Operation
- 1 DEEP OSCILLATION® Personal was designed for individual, mobile use. Battery operation and a handy size guarantee flexible use.
- 2 A generous graphic display, together with the single button operation, guarantee very easy program selection and a good overview.
- 3 The SPORTS therapy card provides pre-programmed treatments, normally consisting of different treatment sections at various frequencies, as well as informative therapy notes and graphics for treatment. PhysioEquipment also provide a bespoke therapy card for equine use based on feedback.
- 4 In equine use, one gloved hand is used alongside one applicator.
- 5 The pleasant therapy effect of DEEP OSCILLATION® is created beneath the hand applicator, which is moved in a circular motion above the tissue.
- 6 The therapy can also be applied via the vinyl gloved hands of the therapist to the rider
- 7 DEEP OSCILLATION® is also well received in canine. This is just one of the testimonials received.
"Jake, a Heinz 57 variety & aged 14, had been a very active dog, but was now struggling to get in the car & up the stairs. He had been diagnosed by his veterinary surgeon, Bill Bowler (Ruchcliffe Vet Centre) with Spondylosis (a degenerative condition of the spine) & he'd been on medication for many years. Using DEEP OSCILLATION® combined with some remedial massage Gilliyan worked on Jake for approximately 45mins. A couple of days later Gilliyan was contacted by Jakes owner who could not believe the difference in her dog - he'd managed to jump on the bed, which he hadn't done in years. Gilliyan continues to treat Jake on a regular basis for maintenance & Jake has found a new lease of life"
Real all testimonials here
- Protection class: II, type BF
- Input voltage: 7,2 VDC (4 cells)
- Input current: 1.3 ADC
- Power supply: 4 x NiMH-battery, size AA, 1.2 V
- Output voltage max: 400V
- Load impedance: 10 M?
- Output frequency: 5 – 250 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D: 100 x 31 x 190 mm
- Weight: 0.7 kg
- Charging device:
Power connection: 100 – 240 VAC ±10
- Mains frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
- Current consumption max: 0.35 A
-  Applicator handhold
-  Batteries
-  Charging device
-  Connection cables DEEP OSCILLATION®
-  Connection cable grey for adhesive electrodes
-  Operating instructions
-  Oscillator head Ø 5 cm
-  Oscillator head Ø 9.5 cm
-  PHYSIOPADS adhesive electrode for DEEP OSCILLATION® (set of 4)
-  Powder
-  Special gloves size M (100 pcs.)
-  Titanium neutral element
-  Transportation bag
The new benchmark in electro-, ultrasound, deep oscillation and simultaneous therapy in a contemporary design